Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Healing Power of Laughter


I just realized that this is my first blog post of the Jewish new year. Someone should say a Shehecheyanu.

It's December and that means it's time for "Holiday Hoopla!" On Wednesday, I will drive down to Ashland for the annual reunion of The Hamazons. Three shows over three nights, the last two at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival's Black Swan theatre. I love that venue. A three-quarter thrust black box is not a typical space for doing improv. But it compels us to open up the action, to include every audience member in the play. And I worked at OSF for eight years, so it feels like coming home.

This is also the 10-year anniversary for the Warrior Princesses of Comedy. And since the traditional gift for ten years of "marriage" is aluminum or tin, we are decking our halls and ourselves in silver and blue. This Friday night is also the first night of Chanukah, so the blue and silver theme is very apropos.

I am looking forward to reprising the role of Charlemagne in "Elf Interrogation" and baffling the audience with my literary prowess as a "World Poet." And what show would be complete without "Gibberish Fairy Tale Opera"?

So, look for a new post next week when I return from Ashland with more Hamazon tales. Until then, I wish everyone a glorious Season of Light, filled with peace, love and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment