Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Me and The Universe
"Every moment of your life is infinitely creative and the universe is endlessly bountiful. Just put forth a clear enough request, and everything your heart desires must come to you."
I love the way the Universe works. It seems that all one has to do is express one's desire - tell a friend, say a prayer, write it in your journal, create a soul collage, post it in a blog - and the Universe responds. Most of the time.
A week ago I sent off my improv resume to The Brody Theater requesting an audition and within 24 hours I had a response... and an audition. In four days, I will be on stage stretching my improv muscles in group exercises, two-person scenes, and some improv games. And it gets better.
My dear friend Sierra Faith - a very talented actress and co-founder of The Hamazons - will be auditioning with me. She is performing in the Writers/Actors Lab at the Willamette Writers Conference this Friday and decided to check out some local improv troupes while she was in town. And it gets even better.
After I posted my last blog, I got an email from Adrienne Flagg, the beautiful and talented creative director of Interstate Firehouse Cultural Center. (We worked together on IFCC's 25th anniversary bash last fall.) She said, "Fellow Princess! Come play with me!" So, we are getting together with a bunch of fabulously funny women later this month to do some improv.
O, Serendipity, you playful and adventurous spirit!
So, my search for my improv soul mate has taken on a life of its own. I have no idea where it will lead me, but my intention is to embrace what the Universe brings my way.
Stay tuned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Fabulous, I expect nothing less........blessings,
ReplyDeleteCathy
Truly the universe is improv'ing as we speak! Go get 'em Warrior of the North! Love, Eliza
ReplyDeleteNow Portland audiences get to see the woman Ashland has always raved about. Do they realize how blessed they are? They will soon.
ReplyDeleteLove, Chandra
Warrior Princess - there is magic in knowing what you want, and having your heart's desire be something that brings so much joy to people! How fabulous to be talented and to make people so happy. hugs to you, Pam
ReplyDelete